Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Music

Okay, I confess: I like Christmas music. The day after Thanksgiving I whip out Volume 1 of A Very Special Christmas, and I only skip past the Pretenders. Take me to your winter wonderland, Annie Lennox. When you sing, Sting, I believe in angels. Maybe even Jesus. And few things made me prouder of Ben than his declaring "Christmas in Hollis" his favorite song on the CD.

I'm a sucker for the classics, too. Burl Ives will run through my head for an entire month and I don't mind. The only thing I can't take is when holiday music sounds like a funeral dirge. I got all excited when Aimee Mann released a holiday album, but if I were expecting her to make good on "I'll Be Home for Christmas" I'd put out a bowl of Xanax instead of marshmallows for her hot chocolate.

Even I get a little weary of listening to one holiday CD over and over again, though, so I set out to make my own compilation - something that would unite my Dr. Demento side and my Bing Crosby side without overindulging either. The best thing about this list is that each and every track is available at the iTunes Store, so you can download one or all. So here, for your consideration, is my Ultimate! Christmas! Mix!

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
by Andy Williams
from The Andy Williams Christmas Album (Remastered)

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / We Three Kings"
by Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLachlan
from Barenaked for the Holidays

"Sleigh Ride"
by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
from Boogie Woogie Christmas

"Run Rudolph Run"
by Bryan Adams
from A Very Special Christmas

"A Holly Jolly Christmas"
by Burl Ives
from Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

"Carol of the Bells"
by Celtic Woman
from Christmas Album

"Frosty the Snowman"
by Dan Tyminkski
from A Very Special Acoustic Christmas

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
by Diana Krall
from Christmas Songs

"White Christmas"
by The Drifters
from Clyde McPhatter & the Drifters

"Winter Wonderland"
by Ella Fitzgerald
from Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas

"Baby, It's Cold Outside"
by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
from Ella & Friends

"Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"
by Elmo & Patsy
from Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"
by Gayla Peevey
from Vintage Children's Favourites

"Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"
by Lena Horne
from Christmas Classics

"All I Want for Christmas Is You"

by Mariah Carey
from Merry Christmas

"Greensleeves"
by Méav Ní Mhaolchatha
from Celtic Woman Presents Meav: A Celtic Journey

"Good King Wenceslas"
by Mel Tormé
from Santa's Bag

"The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)"
by Nat King Cole
from Christmas Classics

"Silver Bells"

by Perry Como & The Ray Charles Singers
from Perry Como: Greatest Christmas Songs

"I Saw Three Ships"
by Sting
from A Very Special Christmas, Vol. 3

"Come On! Let’s Boogey to the Elf Dance!"

by Sufjan Stevens
from Sufjan Stevens: Songs for Christmas

"I'll Be Home for Christmas"
by Tony Bennett
from Snowfall - The Tony Bennett Christmas Album

"O Holy Night"
by Tracy Chapman
from A Very Special Christmas, Vol. 3

"Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"
by U2
from A Very Special Christmas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

learn my special site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/paxil] side effects of paxil drug [/url]

http://trailfire.com/paxil
[url=http://trailfire.com/paxil] paxil dosage [/url]